Serial to Ethernet Converters / Adapters
Perle’s serial-Ethernet converters (commonly referred to as Terminal Servers or Device Servers) connect serial based equipment across an Ethernet network enabling you to do such things as:
- Cable replacement using serial-Ethernet
- Have virtual COM ports connect PC/servers to remote serial devices over Ethernet
- Communicate to multiple serial devices at the same time across a network
- Use serial-Ethernet to replace existing serial dial-up modem connections
- Manage the serial console port on remote equipment (Servers, routers, switches, PBX’s, etc) over Ethernet or through out of band connections
- Use serial-Ethernet to connect serial PLCs to Ethernet
- Connect serial signage equipment over Ethernet with serial-Ethernet adapters
With the broadest choice of full featured Serial to Ethernet solutions available, Perle has the right product to meet your RS232 to Ethernet or RS485 to Ethernet conversion project.
Converting Data from Serial to Ethernet
Serial data sent and received on serial ports on the serial to Ethernet adapter are encapsulated in Ethernet packets in a manner that best fits the type of data being transported.
Perle's line of IOLAN serial to Ethernet adapters are extremely flexible and can match your specific application requirements. Described below are just some of the possibilities.