IRG5140+ Cellular LTE Router
Enterprise-Class Edge Cellular Router
- LTE Router for Primary or Failover Connectivity
- Out of band management for remote troubleshooting
- LTE-A Pro for 10x faster downlink speeds and 3x faster uplink speeds
- Rugged, industrial-grade DIN Rail form factor
- 4-port 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- Network connectivity via LTE, Ethernet, and USB 3.2
- Enhanced Security with Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
The Perle IRG5140+ LTE Router has the most comprehensive set of features, functionality, and performance to provide primary or failover back-up connectivity to remote infrastructure and assets. This DIN Rail mountable, rugged, high-performance Cellular Router, with dual-SIM slots, is easily deployed with no need for training because of the intuitive web GUI. For advanced admin scrips, CLI commands are also available.
The IRG5140+ LTE Router provides fast and reliable network connectivity where wired options are impossible to deploy or require a backup. This is crucial for enabling a wide range of applications while ensuring the highest degree of security to protect the integrity of critical services. Reduce the cost of downtime and service calls, and bringing distributed sites online faster. With support for Data, SMS, Voice, and Video, the IRG5140+ and can be integrated into any enterprise cloud, building, industrial, or mobile location network infrastructure.
- Building and process automation controllers, Internet of Things (IoT)
- Smart grid assets (meters, switches, controllers), Telco infrastructure controllers
- SCADA, Distribution management systems, Remote data loggers, flow meters, sensing equipment
- Digital signage, ATMs, POS, Kiosks, Temporary "pop-up” stores
- Video surveillance, Mobile hotspots
- Fleet management, GPS/GNSS Location tracking, Taxis, vehicle area networking (VAN)
- Transit systems, Buses, Metro Subways, Railways
Cellular Band Operation Certified Worldwide over 4G LTE, DC-HSPA+, HSPA+, HSPA, and UMTS (WCDMA)
The Perle IRG5140+ Router is LTE-A PRO CAT12 with 600Mbps downlink and 150Mbps uplink speeds. 24x LTE Bands and 9x UMTS/WCDMA Bands are support for extensive carrier compatibility.
An Edge Router with Enterprise-Grade Routing Capabilities
The IRG5140+ router has all the of the advance routing functionality found in the most advanced enterprise routers. Extensive protocol routing support means it can be easily deployed in hierarchical or large mesh network structures. A fast CPU and lots of memory ensure the router can handle a consistent and heavy workload all day long.
- RIP, RIPv2, RIPng, OSPFv1/2/3, BGP-4
- When BGP peering with multiple ISPs, the IRG5140 delivers carrier-grade routing performance that is capable of handling the full internet routing table
- IPv4 & IPv6
- OpenVPN & IPSec VPN
- DHCP & DHCPv6
- IP Passthrough for deployments requiring the router to operate in Gateway or Bridge mode
- Route between any interface (LTE, Ethernet, or USB)
- Reduce unwanted network traffic by creating collision and/or broadcast domains
Integrated Zone-Based Policy Firewall
The IRG5140 built-in firewall offers intuitive policies for multiple-interface routers to protect inside networks from unauthorized access by users on an outside network. The firewall also protects inside networks from each other, for example, by keeping a human resources network separate from a user network. If there are network resources that need to be available to an outside user, such as a web or FTP server, these resources can be placed on a separate network behind the firewall, in a demilitarized zone (DMZ). The firewall will allow limited access to the DMZ, but because the DMZ only includes the public servers, any attacks there will not affect the inside network. The firewall controls when inside users access outside networks (for example, access to the Internet), by allowing only certain addresses out, by requiring authentication or authorization, or by coordinating with an external URL filtering server. A deny-all (blacklist) policy can be used to prohibit traffic between firewall security zones until an explicit policy is applied to allow desirable traffic. Router ports are assigned to zones and firewall inspection policies are applied to traffic moving between the zones. Firewall inter-zone policies come with considerable flexibility and granularity so that different firewall inspection policies can be applied to the same router port.
Enhanced Security with 2 Factor Authentication
With multiple concurrent VPN sessions and 2 Factor Authentication, the IRG5140+ LTE Router enables secure communications to multiple back-end systems.
- Remote authentication (RADIUS, TACACS+) management, integrates with enterprise-grade systems to control access to devices in the field.
- Software image CRC control protects the software upgrade process against unwanted software corruption and malware
- High-speed OpenVPN, IP Security (IPsec), Triple Data Encryption Standard (3DES), and Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption for data privacy over the Internet.
- Intrusion prevention enforces security policies in a large enterprise or service provider networks.
GPS / Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) Included
GPS and GNSS (Galileo, Glonass, and Beidou) are included by default in the IRG5140+ Router. This enables real-time location tracking of remote assets. Also, you can get real-time network clock updates in the router, or any attached equipment, for accurate time-stamp usage in time-sensitive applications.
Cutting-edge design certified for a wide range of deployment scenarios
High-performance components and features enable customers to take advantage of broadband network speeds while running secure concurrent data, voice, and video services. The IRG5140+ router has high MTBF rates because it is developed with certified high-end components to provide superior reliability and uninterrupted operation.
|Primary or failover back-up connectivity||Perle is the only company to offer LTE edge routers with all of the enterprise-grade features and protocols needed to be a fully functional primary or failover back-up LTE Router. If the main network connection goes down for any reason, the Perle IRG5140+ router provides an always-on, cost-effective redundant connection. The relatively low cost of LTE for branch continuity means a greater return on investment and scalability for multiple locations. Simply put, an IRG5140 LTE Router ensures maximum uptime, cost-effective scalability, and ease of deployment and management with limited IT resources.|
|Compact light-weight design||Deploy in many different environments where space, heat dissipation, and low power consumption are critical factors. The native DIN-Rail mounting bracket ensures easy installation.|
|Rugged Environment Certifications||
The Perle IRG5140 LTE Router is fully approved and certified for Railway rolling stock application deployments. It is perfectly suited for installation directly in the train or subway cabin, or the enclosures found in metro tunnels and alongside rail tracks.
Dual-SIM LTE Failover for true Business Continuity
The Perle IRG5140+ Router comes with redundant SIM slots to ensure reliable network connectivity and cellular multihoming support in LTE and HSPA-based networks. This is particularly useful:
- When the primary carrier contract data cap has been exceeded, the IRG5140 will automatically switch over to a back-up data plan.
- When the IRG5140 is deployed in a mobile environment long-distance roaming can be enabled and used.
- When there is a lack of coverage, or carrier network failure, the IRG5140 will automatically switch over to a back-up carrier.
More Features and Benefits
|WAN Connectivity||LTE and 10/100/1000 Ethernet|
|Central Management Configuration||
The IRG5140+ Router uses PerleView, a web-based server configuration tool that simplifies setup and deployment. Centralized management capabilities give network managers visibility and control over network configurations at remote sites. Other Perle IRG5140+ management capabilities include: