STEP – Single Phase DIN Rail Power Supplies
Switching Power Supplies for Regulated AC/DC or DC/DC Conversion
- Output Voltages: 5, 12, 15, 24, or 48 V DC
- Adjustable Output Voltage Ranges: 4 to 56 V DC
- Amps: from .5 Amps up to 6.5 Amps
- Watts: from 10 W power up to 100.8 W
- Single-phase AC or DC input
- Input Voltage Range: 43 to 305 V AC and 60 to 250 V DC
- Operating temperature of -25°C to +70°C
- LED indicator for voltage out failure
- Low profile design for flat control panels
The STEP Industrial Power Supplies offer a complete range of rugged AC to DC and DC to DC Converters built to meet the high stability and efficiency expectations of industrial, machine automation and process control environments. With their low-profile design, the STEP power supplies are ideal for building automation, installation distributors and flat control panels. These Switching (switch mode) Power Supplies ensure a regulated output voltage even in the event of voltage fluctuations in the power supply network. With all required safety certifications to support ITE (Information Technology Equipment), ruggedized packaging, extended operating temperatures, high peak load capabilities and high isolation voltages, STEP Industrial Power Supplies are designed to meet the needs of your industrial application.
Industrial operating temperature of -25°C to +70°C
Equipment found in traffic management, oil and gas pipelines, weather tracking, industrial and outdoor applications must function in temperatures that cannot be supported by a commercial power supplies. With an operating temperature of -25°C to +70°C, the STEP Industrial Power Supplies are ideal for use with equipment subjected to harsh environments and severe temperatures. Some models even guarantee reliable device start-up at -40°C.
High efficiency and low no load power consumption
Compared with other products on the market, the STEP Industrial Power Supplies provide excellent energy savings. With a very low no load power consumption and high efficiency at nominal load, just a small amount of electrical energy is converted into undesired heat energy making this a very ECO friendly power supply. This is important if the power supply is on call 24 hours a day, but rarely loaded.
The STEP Power Supplies offer flexible mounting options. They can either be snapped onto a DIN rail or screwed onto a level surface. When mounting on level surfaces, lugs integrated into the housing eliminate the need for additional mounting material.
U/I characteristic curve for the supply of capacitive loads
The STEP Industrial Power Supplies are well suited for driving capacitive loads, and DC/DC converters in the primary circuit, due to their U/I characteristic curve. This makes STEP DIN Rail Power Supplies suitable for applications such solar cell testing, solar panel testing, testing of piezoelectric driving devices, capacitor testing, driving and testing of capacitive transducers, powering industrial substation capacitors, and lab-type applications with capacitive-resistive loads. The STEP Power Supplies can also be used to power resistive loads, and inductive loads.
Ideal application environments for a STEP DIN Rail Power Supply
- flat control panels
- testing of solar cells, solar panels, piezoelectric driving devices and capacitors
- driving and testing of capacitive transducers
- powering industrial substation capacitors
- lab-type applications with capacitive-resistive loads
- automated production process
- building control, security and surveillance, and climate control systems
Other reasons to choose a STEP Industrial Power Supply
- DIN Rail mount narrow housing saves space in the control cabinet
- Voltage Isolation input/output: 4 kV AC
- LED indicator for voltage out failure: If the output voltage is below the operational range, the LED turns off.
- Protections: Short-circuit, Overload, Over voltage, Over-temperature
- High MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) values of more than 500,000 hours at +40°C ensure maximum availability
- IEC Protection Class II Power Supplies