IRG7440 5G Router: 5G NR & CAT20 LTE (4.5Gbps/660Mbps), MIMO & GPS/GNSS, 4 x 10/100/1000 RJ45 Ethernet, USB-C Port, RS232, 3 x GPIO, IGN (ignition sense pin), Relay output, RS485 half-duplex, IP54 enclosure. Power supply (EU) included.
Perle IRG7000 5G Routers and Gateways have the most comprehensive set of features, functionality, and performance to provide primary or back-up 5G connectivity to remote infrastructure and assets. These ultra-low-power, rugged, high-performance Cellular Routers can be quickly and easily deployed using an intuitive web GUI. For advanced admin scrips, RESTFul API and CLI commands are also available.
- 5G Router for Primary or Failover Connectivity
- Cellular Band Operation Certified Worldwide over 5G NR with fallback to 4G CAT20 LTE & 3G
- 4-port 10/100/1000 Ethernet
- Network connectivity via 5G, LTE, Ethernet, USB, and Serial
- One GPIO configurable as high side pull-up / dry contact, analog input, digital input, low side current sink output, digital output/open drain, or Pulse Counter.
- One GPIO configurable as Vehicle ignition sense or analog input
- Two Digital Inputs configurable as high side pull-up / dry contact, digital input, or Pulse Counter
- One normally open (NO) relay contact
- Ultra-Low-Power consuming less than 1 Watt in idle mode and 52mW in standby mode
- Rugged die-cast aluminum IP54 enclosure for dust & water ingress
- Shock and vibration resistance certified to MIL-STD-810G, SAE J1455 & EN 61373
- -40?F to 158?F ( -40?C to 70?C ) operating temperature
- GPS / Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) Included
- E-Mark Certification, ISO 7637-2, and ISO 16750-2 Compliance
- Built-in battery charge protection, with no requirement for external power conditioning, to safeguard vehicle operation
- Vehicle awareness applications can be used to remotely monitor vehicle speed, acceleration, position, and more.
- Ignition Power Management can schedule a delayed shutdown or startup of the IRG7440 based on the vehicle ignition status
- Cellular tower connectivity can be established and maintained at up to 360kph (224mph)
With extensive protocol routing support (RIP, OSPF, BGP-4, IPv4, IPv6, OpenVPN, IPSec VPN, and DHCP), integrated zone-based policy firewall, 2 Factor Authentication, and remote authentication (RADIUS, TACACS+) management, the IRG7440 5G Router will integrate seamlessly with enterprise-grade systems in hierarchical or large mesh network structures to control access to devices in the field and protect inside networks from unauthorized access.
Effective February 1, 2001, Perle connectivity products are covered by the warranties stated below. These warranties replace all previous warranties offered across the product ranges. Products shipped before February 1, 2001 retain their existing warranty coverage.
1. Perle Product Lines Covered under Lifetime Warranty
- Terminal/Device/Console Servers (IOLAN, IOLAN+, JetStream,
- LanStream and CS9000 Series)
- Serial & Parallel Cards (SPEED, UltraPort, SX, RIO and AT-FAST)
- Ethernet Copper Extenders
- Fiber Media Converters
- Remote Access Solutions (PCI-RAS and 833)
- AS/400 Remote Communication Controllers (594e)
- Routers (P800 and P1700)
2. Perle Product Lines Covered under 5 Year Return to Factory Warranty
Includes 60 days* of telephone support for registered users
- Industrial Ethernet Switches
3. Perle Product Lines Covered under 2 Year Return to Factory Warranty
Includes 60 days* of telephone support for registered users
- Industrial Power Supplies
- SFP Optical Transceiver Modules
- Remote Power Switch
- PoE+ Injectors
Products can be purchased with or without antennas and with or without power cords. All functionality is included in the base price of the product. Additional accessories are sold separately.
5G: 4.5Gbps downlink and 660Mbps uplink speeds
4G/LTE (Cat-20), 3G fallback
5G Sub-6 GHz: n1, n2, n3, n5, n28, n41, n66, n71, n77, n78, n79
4G LTE: B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B12, B13, B14, B18, B19, B20, B21, B25, B26, B28, B29, B30, B32, B34, B38, B39, B40, B41, B42, B43, B46, B48, B66, B71
3G HSPA/HSPA+ Bands:B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, B8, B9, B19
Data & SMS Operation over 5G with fallback networks 4G/LTE, 3G HSPA+ / HSPA+ / HSPA / UMTS (WCDMA)
Mini-SIM 15 x 25mm (or 2FF )
|GPS / GNSS|
|GPS / GNSS||
|GPS / GNSS Passive Antenna||
|Type||4 x 10/100/1000 Ethernet RJ45 Copper|
Software selectable 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Auto
|Ethernet Isolation||1.5Kv Magnetic|
|Processing Type||Store and Forward|
|MAC Address Table Size||8K|
|VLAN ID range||1 to 4000|
1 x USB Type-C
|Power and Auxillary Connectors|
|One GPIO Input||
Digital Input & Pulse Counting VDC: 0 for ≤ 1V, 1 for ≥ 2.7V
|Ignition Sense||Analog Input: 0.5V to 36V|
|Two Digital Inputs||Digital Input & Pulse Counting VDC: 0 for ≤ 1V, 1 for ≥ 2.7V|
|One Alarm Relay||Normally Open (NO) dry contact: 1A @ 24VDC|
|Microprocessor||Dual Core ARM 1.2GHz|
DIN Rail (Mounts to standard 35 mm DIN rail in accordance with DIN EN 60175 vertically or horizontally)
Panel / wall mount attachement bracket is optional
|Ingress Protection Rating||IP54|
|Power Input||12/24 VDC Nominal (7 to 36 VDC Range)|
|Ignition Sense||VDC voltage variation with On/Off and timer|
|External Power Supply (optional)||110 / 220 VAC Power supply|
|Power Line Protection||Surge: 8KV (EN61000-4-5 common mode), 2KV (EN61000-4-5 differential and common modes)|
|Vehicle Transient voltage protection||Built-in protection against voltage transient including 5 VDC engine cranking and +200 VDC load dump|
|Reverse polarity protection||YES|
|Weight & Dimensions|
|Product Weight & Dimensions||
Weight: 0.58kg / 1.28lbs
Dimensions: 146 x 99 x 45 mm / 5.75 x 3.89 x 1.77 in
|Shipping Weight & Dimensions||
|Cellular/Telecom Regulatory Approvals||FCC/ICES, RED, PTCRB/CTIA, CE|
|Carrier Certifications||AT&T, Verizon|
|Shock & Vibration||MIL-STD-810G (Shock: test method 516.6. Operational Vibration: test method 514.6)|
|Cellular / Radio Standards||
|Environmental Specifications||Reach, RoHS3 and WEEE Compliant|
|M2M / IoT LTE Connectivity|
The Perle IRG5140 LTE Router offers always-on M2M connectivity that is secure, reliable, cost-effective, and easy to deploy. Featuring an industrial-grade DIN-Rail housing, the Perle IRG51400 Router is a versatile and compact solution that provides 2G/3G/4G LTE connectivity with built-in GPS capabilities. The Perle IRG51400 Router is ideal for solving wireless connectivity challenges in a variety of vertical markets including video surveillance, digital signage, home security, oil and gas exploration, kiosks, smart grid, and many more.
|LTE Failover & Out of Band Management with "Four-Nines" (99.99%Up-time)|
When the wired link is down, network access can be maintained with automatic failover to LTE. There are several ways to determine with the Primary WAN is down. One example, is to use the Health Monitoring function where the IRG5140 will ping a destination IP through the primary route. If there is no response, the IRG5140 router will initiate a direct connection using the back-up LTE route. The relatively low cost of LTE for business continuity means a greater return on investment and scalability for multiple locations that have limited IT resources. By deploying Perle IRG5140 LTE Routers, businesses will have on-demand network connectivity that is quick to deploy, simple to manage, and ensures maximum uptime.
|Primary Router Deployments|
For pop-up stores or branch locations with limited IT resources, the IRG5140 Router is an easy to deploy solution. This single box will function as an LTE Router and a 4-port 10/100/1000 Ethernet Switch. IPv4 and IPv6 is supported on both the WAN and LAN sides.
|PCI Compliant LTE Failover|
The credit card industry requires retailers to comply with Payment Card Industry (PCI) standard to maintain a secure environment when processing payment card transactions. For these transactions, a Perle IRG5140 Router acts as a wireless data conduit (Gateway) for routers and POS (point-of-sale-terminals) that have been configured for PCI compliance. The USBnet is on a different subnet from the point-of-sale-terminal. All security protocols must be established from the point-of-sale terminal to the payment processor. Payment card terminals must be on a dedicated LAN or VLAN. The Perle IRG5140 Router configured on gateway mode must be connected to a router that is configured for PCI compliance.
|Communications Gateway for Railway|
IRG5140 Routers are compliant with railway regulations and have the operating temperature, vibration, and emission certifications required for installation on trains, light rail, subways, and trams. They are perfectly suited for installation directly in the train or subway cabin, the dusty and humid environments of metro tunnels or, the enclosures found alongside rail tracks. Central administration centers can monitor rail traffic, switching status, track conditions, weather conditions, and security data gathered by the sensors and other equipment located in wayside monitoring stations. Onboard, connecting security cameras, informational displays, and other equipment allows for a wide variety of operational tasks to be undertaken by the control staff. With the ability to establish and maintain cellular tower connectivity at up to 100 meters per second (360km/224mi per hour), the IRG5140 LTE Router is ideal for any rolling stock application.
|Failover with Static Routing|
Force specified traffic to use different routing rules to direct specified traffic from the IRG5140 Router, or a connected device) to a designated primary router. If the primary route fails the specified traffic uses a backup route.
With DPD and VPN Failover configured in the IRG5140 Router, two VPN tunnels are configured but only one is active at a time. If DPD detects that the destination is not responsing through the Primary VPN, traffic is automatically switched to the Secondary/Backup VPN. The VPN Failover feature will continue to ping the desintation through the primary tunnel and, if configured to do so, will automatically revert back to the primary once it up again. Status fields can be viewed to see the current status of both VPNs.
The Perle IRG5140 Cellular Router can handle multiple non-NATed networks behind a connected router or switch.
The Perle IRG5140 Router supports up to 4000 VLANs on its Ethernet ports. VLANS are logical groupings of network devices that share the same broadcast domain. All devices on the same VLAN can ping each other without routing. There is no routing between VLANs.
Any unsolicited data coming in on a defined Pulic Port is routed to the corresponding private port and IP of a host connected on the LAN.
The IRG5140 Router accepts SMS commands for basic actions and status. The IRG5140 Cellular Router will send back an acknowledgement that the SMS command was received every time.
The IRG5140 Router can be configured to generate reports, or initiate actions, based on specified events. These events can be generated internally, or externally by devices attached to the IRG5140 digital inputs or alarm relay.
Deploy and Manage your Network from the Cloud
Cloud-based Out-of-Band Management (OOBM) for IT infrastructure provides resilient access and visibility at all times
Data centers, service providers, and large enterprises have thousands devices located across multiple sites. To simplify management and respond swiftly to issues, network administrators require access to all console ports via a single portal view. Perle's cloud-based centralized management solution puts all your network and IT infrastructure into a single application and provides secure reliable access and visibility during normal operations and critical network failures. Scalable to suit any business requirement, Cloud Centralized Management reduces human error and guarantees repeatability.
- No Perle annual licences fees.
- Third-party cloud hosting facilities provide scalable hardware, high availability, security, and backup services
- LTE Dynamic IP Address solves the issue of constantly changing LTE IP addresses. The users and the devices will log into the cloud via an always know Public Static IP Address.
- This central network hub and management portal provides a resilient management resource
- Scalable administration from provisioning to routine operations and disaster recovery
- Seamless, always-available connectivity, over LAN or remotely over WAN
- Centralized, secure, end-to-end out-of-band management
- Access managed devices by name, regardless of how they are connected
- Purpose-built to give 24/7 console access to any device during network meltdowns