QUINT-PS/3AC/24DC/20/CO – 3-Phase DIN Rail Power Supply
For extreme ambient conditions
- 24 V DC Output Voltage
- 18 to 29.5 V DC Adjustable Output Voltage Range
- 20 Amps
- 480 Watts
- 3-phase AC Input Voltage Range: 320 to 575 V AC
- 2-phase AC Input Voltage Range: 360 to 575 V AC
- DC Input Voltage Range: 450 to 800 V DC
- 125% Static and 200% Dynamic Power Boostv
- Preventative function monitoring
- SFB (Selective Fuse Breaking) Technology
- Integrated gas-filled surge arrester for high noise immunity
- Operating temperature of -40°C to +70°C
- Protective PCB coating
The QUINT-PS/3AC/24DC/20/CO 3-Phase Power Supply is specifically designed to operate in hazardous industrial locations and extreme ambient conditions. The PCB coating protects against dust, corrosive gases, and 100% humidity as well as failures caused by corrosion-related creepage currents and electrochemical migration. In addition, the components are protected within a wide temperature range of -40°C to 70°C. This makes the QUINT-PS/3AC/CO Industrial Power Supply is ideal for use with equipment subjected to harsh environments and severe temperatures.
The QUINT-PS/3AC/24DC/20/CO is a 3-Phase 24V DC Power Supply built to meet the high stability and efficiency expectations of industrial, machine automation and process control environments. It features the unique combination of preventive function monitoring and power reserve in an incredibly compact size. This Switching (switch mode) Power Supply ensures a regulated output voltage even in the event of voltage fluctuations in the power supply network. During parallel operation, and when connected to different phases, loads are reliably supplied even in the event of problems with the input voltage. With all required safety certifications to support ITE (Information Technology Equipment), ruggedized packaging, extended operating temperatures, high peak load capabilities and high isolation voltages, this QUINT Industrial Power Supply is designed to meet the needs of your industrial application.
18 to 29.5 V DC Adjustable Output Voltage Range
Using the rotary potentiometer on the front face of the QUINT power supply, the output voltage can be optimally adjusted to meet specific application environment requirements. For example, you can easily adjust to compensate for a voltage drop caused by a long cable length.
POWER BOOST: reliably start difficult loads
A high degree of flexibility is required to configure, optimize and expand large systems. To optimally adapt a system or machine to your requirements, a power reserve in the power supply unit is crucial. The QUINT supplies up to 50% additional current without a voltage drop. This is useful when it is not possible to predict which loads will be switched on at the same time or high switch-on currents of capacitive loads have to be absorbed without voltage dips.
Preventive function monitoring reports critical operating states before they occur
With a QUINT Industrial Power Supply, the output voltage and output current are constantly monitored. Preventive function monitoring visualizes critical operating states and indicates them locally and remotely to the controller as follows:
- Via LED
- Via floating relay contact
- Via active switching output
High efficiency and low no load power consumption
Compared with other products on the market, the QUINT Industrial Power Supply provides excellent energy savings. With a very low no load power consumption and high efficiency at nominal load, just a small amount of electrical energy is converted into undesired heat energy making these very ECO friendly power supplies.
SFB (Selective Fuse Breaking) Technology
SFB Technology can be used to quickly and reliably trip miniature circuit breakers and fuses connected on the secondary side. In the event of a short circuit on the secondary side, the QUINT supplies up to 6 times the nominal current for 15 ms. Faulty current paths are switched off selectively, the fault is located, and important system parts remain in operation. Loads that are connected in parallel are still supplied with energy ensuring continued operation of these system parts.
- Tripping circuit breakers: The circuit breaker is typically tripped by the high SFB current within 3 to 5 ms. As a result, any voltage dips for loads connected in parallel are avoided.
- Tripping a fuse: Fuses are tripped by melting the predetermined breaking point inside the fuse capsule. The tripping characteristic of the fuse is described by the melting integral (I²t). A high current is crucial in order to achieve a very short tripping time.
Ideal application environments for a QUINT DIN Rail Power Supply
- Drive motors and other devices
- Machine building
- Automated production process
- Industrial control, automation, assembly, and test equipment
- Building control, security and surveillance, and climate control systems.
- Power countless industrial automation devices such as sensors, controllers and valves
Other reasons to choose a QUINT Industrial Power Supply
- High MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) values
- Robust input side: high noise immunity, integrated gas-filled surge arrester (up to 6 kV), and ≥ 20 ms mains failure buffer time
- Narrow, slim-line design saves space in the control box
- Voltage Isolation input/output: 4 kV AC
- Protections: Short-circuit, Overload, Over voltage, Over-temperature
- Shipbuilding Approvals
- Railway Approvals