10/100/1000/2500/10G Ethernet Media Converters
Media and Rate Conversion for Copper and Fiber Networks
Perle 10G Rate and Media Converters transparently connect 10Mbps, 100Mbps, 1G, 2.5G or 10G Ethernet links over multimode or single mode fiber. Each Media Converter comes with one or two pluggable SFP transceiver ports that support fiber to fiber, copper to fiber or copper to copper media conversion.
- Automatically detect Ethernet port speed and do a rate conversion between two ports if the Ethernet speed is different. This is ideal where disparate networks need to be connected.
- Cut-Through Forwarding can be configured for environments where throughput speed is critical.
- Use a variety of SFP/SFP+ transceivers supplied by Perle, Cisco or other MSA compliant SFPs
- Advanced features - Smart Link Pass-Through, Fiber Fault Alert, Loopback and link test generator
- Optical signal regeneration: 3R (re-amplify, reshape, and retime)
- Perle Media and Rate Converters are available in the following form factors