Fiber to Fiber Media Converters
Single Mode to Multimode Converter
To convert Single Mode to Multimode, or extend a Multimode network, Fiber to Fiber Media Converters are the devices to use. They are the ideal solution to connect different fiber types, distances and wavelengths (WDM, CWDM & DWDM) across a variety of topologies and network architectures for longer data transmission distances. There are two types of Fiber Converter to choose from:
SFP to SFP Fiber Mode Converter: To simply interconnect two fiber connections back to back, an SFP to SFP Fiber Mode Converter is generally used. The advantage of this type of solution is that it is protocol independent [supports all protocols including Ethernet, Fibre Channel, ATM/SONET OC-X, SDH STM-X, FDDI, Video, etc…] to address multiple applications.
Ethernet Fiber Mode Converter: In an environment where Ethernet is exclusively used, choosing a Media Converter designed specifically for Ethernet fiber applications is recommended. These Fiber Converters have Ethernet transceivers that regenerate the signal received before passing it along to the other fiber transceiver port. 3R (re-amplify, reshape, and retime) signal regeneration ensures a strong signal across each fiber link to ensure link and data transmission integrity.
Single Mode to Multimode Fiber Converters by Perle
- Convert Single Mode to Multimode
- Extend Multimode an additional 2km
- Supports Dual Fiber and Single Fiber connections and data transmission
- Options for operation in Unmanaged or Secure Managed Networks
- Advanced features & functionality for efficient troubleshooting & less on-site maintenance
- 0C to +50C (32° F to 122° F) operating temperatures
- Choose from over 186 models to meet any fiber integration project needs