The Perle UltraPort serial cards are the ideal solution for applications where a fixed count of local serial ports is required. With 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16 RS232 serial ports, the Perle UltraPort exceedes major competitors for performance, throughput and reliable connectivity.
(For scalable solutions please see Perle’s SX and RIO range.)
Features and Benefits
- Operates with all major operating systems including - Linux, Sun Solaris x86, Sun Solaris SPARC, SCO OpenServer, SCO UnixWare, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows server 2003, Windows Vista and Windows 2008
- 32 and 64 bit driver support
- Bi-directional speeds up to 921.6 Kbps on all ports
- Universal 3.3v/5v PCI bus slot support (PCI 2.3 compliant)
- PCI-X compatible
- Flexible solutions with 1, 2, 4, 8 or 16 serial ports
- 15kV ESD provides protection against electrostatic discharges and power surges
- Full modem control and hardware/software flow control
- Wide range of Specialix, Chase and Digi cabling and connection options
- RoHS and WEEE Compliant
The Perle UltraPort Universal 3.3v/5v PCI and PCI-X serial cards are the most advanced fixed port serial card solution on the market today providing a flexible range of solutions for retail point of sale, data acquisition, office automation, advanced kiosk design and much more.
Perle UltraPort communicates at bi-directional speeds up to 921.6 Kbps per port, and offers the highest standard of surge protection available, ensuring the reliability and security of your data.
A wide variety of DB9, DB25 and RJ45 cables and connector boxes support the most popular pin-outs from Perle Systems (formerly Specialix International, Chase Research) and Digi International. As you upgrade servers and cards to the latest PCI standard, only Perle can ensure you don’t spend valuable budget allocations on re-cabling costs.
- Retail Point of Sale: Cash registers, receipt printers, bar code scanners, etc. need to be connected to back office servers
- Medical: Connect bed-side health monitors in hospitals to central nurse stations.
- Transportation: Connect Automatic Vehicle Identification (AVI) Equipment, Radar, Infrared Vehicle Scanners, Receipt printers and message signs in Toll Collection Systems
- Manufacturing: Access serial devices for factory, industrial and warehouse automation
- Kiosks: Connect internal modems, touch screens, receipt printers, keyboards, etc inside coin counting machines, gas station pay stations and airport check-in’s
- Education: Access control (door entry) systems with 100’s card and/or badge readers, monitor computer room usage
- Connect modem pools for remote access dial-in/dial-out
Class Leading Support and Warranty
Perle UltraPort Serial Cards are backed by the best service and support in the industry, including Perle’s unique lifetime warranty. Since 1976 Perle has been providing its customers with networking products that have the highest levels of performance, flexibility and quality.
Click diagram for larger picture