QUINT-PS/1AC/CO – Single Phase DIN Rail Power Supply
For extreme ambient conditions
- 24V DC Output Voltage
- 18 to 29.5 V DC Adjustable Output Voltage Range
- Amps: 5, 10, or 20 Amps
- Watts: 120, 240, or 480 W
- Single-phase AC or DC input
- Input Voltage Range: 85 to 264 V AC and 96 to 430 V DC
- 125% Static and 200% Dynamic Power Boost
- Preventative function monitoring
- SFB (Selective Fuse Breaking) Technology
- Adjustable signaling and settings using Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Integrated gas-filled surge arrester for high noise immunity
- Operating temperature of -40°C to +70°C
- ATEX and ANSI/ISA 12.12 Class 1 Division 2
- Protective PCB coating
The QUINT-PS/1AC/CO Industrial Power Supply is specifically designed to operate in hazardous industrial locations and extreme ambient conditions. With numerous certifications, including ATEX and ANSI/ISA 12.12 Class 1 Division 2, you are ensured safe and reliable operation in locations where flammable gases, liquids or vapors are handled, processed or used. In addition, the PCB coating protects against dust, corrosive gases, and 100% humidity as well as failures caused by corrosion-related creepage currents and electrochemical migration.
Industrial operating temperature of -40°C to +70°C
Equipment found in traffic management, oil and gas pipelines, weather tracking, industrial and outdoor applications must function in temperatures that cannot be supported by a commercial power supplies. The components protected within a wide temperature range of -40°C to 70°C, the QUINT-PS/1AC/CO Industrial Power Supply is ideal for use with equipment subjected to harsh environments and severe temperatures.
QUINT-PS/1AC/CO DIN Rail Power Supplies offer a range of rugged AC or DC to 24V DC Converters built to meet the high stability and efficiency expectations of industrial, machine automation and process control environments. They also feature the unique combination of preventive function monitoring and power reserve in an incredibly compact size. These Switching (switch mode) Power Supplies ensure a regulated output voltage even in the event of voltage fluctuations in the power supply network. During parallel operation, and when connected to different phases, loads are reliably supplied even in the event of problems with the input voltage. With all required safety certifications to support ITE (Information Technology Equipment), ruggedized packaging, extended operating temperatures, high peak load capabilities and high isolation voltages, QUINT Industrial Power Supplies are designed to meet the needs of your industrial application.
18 to 29.5 V DC Adjustable Output Voltage Range
Using the rotary potentiometer on the front face of the QUINT power supply, the output voltage can be optimally adjusted to meet specific application environment requirements. For example, you can easily adjust to compensate for a voltage drop caused by a long cable length.
POWER BOOST: reliably start difficult loads
A high degree of flexibility is required to configure, optimize and expand large systems. To optimally adapt a system or machine to your requirements, a power reserve in the power supply unit is crucial. The QUINT supplies up to 50% additional current without a voltage drop. This is useful when it is not possible to predict which loads will be switched on at the same time or high switch-on currents of capacitive loads have to be absorbed without voltage dips.
Preventive function monitoring reports critical operating states before they occur
With a QUINT Industrial Power Supply, the output voltage and output current are constantly monitored. Preventive function monitoring visualizes critical operating states and indicates them locally and remotely to the controller as follows:
- Via LED
- Via floating relay contact
- Via active switching output
High efficiency and low no load power consumption
Compared with other products on the market, the QUINT Industrial Power Supply provides excellent energy savings. With a very low no load power consumption and high efficiency at nominal load, just a small amount of electrical energy is converted into undesired heat energy making these very ECO friendly power supplies.
SFB Technology can be used to quickly and reliably trip miniature circuit breakers and fuses connected on the secondary side. In the event of a short circuit on the secondary side, the QUINT supplies up to 6 times the nominal current for 15 ms. Faulty current paths are switched off selectively, the fault is located, and important system parts remain in operation. Loads that are connected in parallel are still supplied with energy ensuring continued operation of these system parts.
- Tripping circuit breakers: The circuit breaker is typically tripped by the high SFB current within 3 to 5 ms. As a result, any voltage dips for loads connected in parallel are avoided.
- Tripping a fuse: Fuses are tripped by melting the predetermined breaking point inside the fuse capsule. The tripping characteristic of the fuse is described by the melting integral (I²t). A high current is crucial in order to achieve a very short tripping time.
Ideal application environments for a QUINT DIN Rail Power Supply
- Medical applications
- DeviceNet environments
- Machine building
- Automated production process
- Industrial control, automation, assembly, and test equipment
- Building control, security and surveillance, and climate control systems.
- Power countless industrial automation devices such as sensors, controllers and valves
Other reasons to choose a QUINT Industrial Power Supply
- High MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) values
- Robust input side: high noise immunity, integrated gas-filled surge arrester (up to 6 kV), and ≥ 20 ms mains failure buffer time
- Narrow, slim-line design saves space in the control box
- Voltage Isolation input/output: 4 kV AC
- Protections: Short-circuit, Overload, Over voltage, Over-temperature
- Shipbuilding Approvals
- Medical Approvals
- Railway Approvals
- DeviceNet Certified